This privacy statement explains how and why ESOF vzw processes your personal data, who has access to your personal data and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
What personal data does ESOF vzw process?
ESOF vzw will collect personal data about you to achieve the purposes set out in this privacy statement. ESOF vzw is processing the following personal data of its participants:
- Phone number
- E-mail addresses
In addition, ESOF vzw is processing the following sensitive personal data:
- Dietary and health information,
- ID-card numbers.
The personal data that ESOF vzw processes as described in this privacy statement was or will be obtained from the following sources:
- Participant organization representative for the purpose of participation to the envisaged project
- Participant organization members
As participant organization representative, if you provide ESOF vzw with any personal data of another person (members of the participating organization you represent), you are responsible for ensuring that such person is made aware of the information contained in this privacy statement and that the person has given you his/her consent for sharing the information with ESOF vzw.
Except for certain information that is required by law, your decision to provide any personal data to ESOF vzw is voluntary. You will therefore not be subject to adverse consequences if you do not provide personal data. However, please note that if you do not provide certain information, ESOF vzw may not be able to accomplish some or all of the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, and you may not be able to use services that require the use of such personal data.
Why does ESOF vzw process your personal data?
ESOF vzw may collect, use, transfer, disclose and otherwise process your personal data in the context of managing its relationship with you. Specifically, ESOF vzw is processing your personal data for the following purposes:
- Managing your organization and its members’ participation to the project
- Complying with local regulations with regards to disclosure of identity of residents in hotels and hostels (including complying with request from regulators).
- Quality control & Audits
ESOF vzw will not use your personal data for any purposes that are incompatible with the purposes listed in this privacy statement, unless it is required or authorized by law, authorized by you, or it is in your own vital interest (e.g. in case of a medical emergency) to do so.
On what legal basis does ESOF vzw process your personal data?
ESOF vzw processes your personal data as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
The below table sets out, for each purpose, the legal basis on which ESOF vzw bases the processing of your personal data:
|Purpose of the processing||Legal basis of the processing|
|Managing your organization and its members’ participation to the project||The processing is necessary for ESOF vzw to execute its contractual obligations with regards to your organization’s participation to the project.|
|Complying with local regulations with regards to disclosure of identity of residents in hotels and hostels.
|The processing is necessary for ESOF vzw’s compliance with a legal obligation.|
|Quality control & Audit
|The processing is necessary for ESOF vzw’s legitimate interest to comply with audit obligations, including those imposed by contractual arrangements concluded with third parties.|
Where the above states that ESOF vzw relies on its legitimate interests for a given purpose, ESOF vzw is of the opinion that its legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms, given (i) the transparency ESOF vzw provides on the processing activity and (ii) the rights you have in relation to the processing activity.
Who has access to your personal data?
Access to your personal data within ESOF vzw will be limited to those employees who have a need to know the information for the purposes described above. Furthermore, your personal data may be transferred to ESOF vzw subsidiaries and third parties.
Furthermore, where there is a need, ESOF vzw may share your personal data with third parties, such as third party service providers and public authorities. Before doing so, ESOF vzw takes steps to protect your personal data. Any third party service providers and professional advisors to whom your personal data are disclosed, are expected and required to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data and may only use your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws. The categories of third parties with which ESOF vzw may share your personal data are:
- Local partners of ESOF vzw such as hotels, caterers and the Executive Board assigned to execute the project;
- Local Authorities
Such third parties are located in the following countries: Belgium and Estonia. ESOF vzw shall share your personal data only in anonymized form except where contractual or legal obligations do not permit ESOF vzw to do so.
How long does ESOF vzw retain your personal data?
ESOF vzw will retain your personal data for the following period: 5 years upon completion of the project.
What rights do you have concerning your personal data?
You have the right (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law) to:
- request access to your personal data: this right entitles you to request access to personal data ESOF vzw processes about you, as well as to certain information on such processing;
- request rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the rectification or completion of any of your personal data that would be inaccurate or incomplete;
- request erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes;
- object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that ESOF vzw no longer processes your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that ESOF vzw only processes your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent;
- request a copy or the portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy of personal data that you have provided to ESOF vzw.
Please note, however, that certain personal data may be exempt from the above-mentioned rights pursuant to applicable data protection or other laws and regulations.
To the extent this privacy statement states that (part of) the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting ESOF at email@example.com. Please note that this will not affect ESOF vzw’s right to process personal data obtained prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or its right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent.
If, despite ESOF vzw’s commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data protection rights have been violated, you have the right at all times to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, either in the country where you live, the country where you work or the country where you deem that data protection law has been infringed.
What if you have questions or want further information?
This privacy statement aims to give you complete and transparent information on how ESOF vzw processes your personal data. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding how ESOF vzw processes your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your foregoing rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.